(Available for pickup only)
Our Afghan Classic Mix cookie box features three traditional Afghan sweets including:
- Gosh E-fil: An Afghan doughnut made by shaping dough into the shape of an ear, and then deep frying it in oil. Each shape is then topped with chopped pistachios and powdered sugar.
- Jalebi: A dessert made by deep-frying a flour based batter in pretzel or circular shapes, which are then soaked in sugar syrup.
- Sheer Payra: An Afghan milk fudge made with powdered milk and flavored with nuts, rose water and cardamom. It is typically served with tea or coffee.
Each box includes 1 1/2 dozen cookies , a story from one of our bakers, information on the sweets, and a little bit about Hello Neighbor.
Proceeds from New Neighbor Cookie Table provide critical supplemental income to our refugee bakers and their families.
All orders will be available for pickup on Thursday, February 13th. Times vary based on location so please see below. When placing your order you can choose from the following pick up locations and times:
- East End: Hello Neighbor’s Office, 6587 Hamilton Avenue, #1E, Pittsburgh, PA 15206 from 8am-6pm
- South Hills: St. Paul’s Episcopal Church, 1066 Washington Road, Mt. Lebanon, PA 15228 from 9am-1pm
- Downtown: Heidioptics, 223 Fourth Ave, Suite 100, Pittsburgh, PA 15222 from 9am-1pm