(Available for pickup only)
Our Syrian Classic Mix cookie box features three traditional Syrian sweets including:
- Osh El Bulbul: a very fine stringy dough wrapped around pistachios and lightly fried. The name translates to ‘bird’s nest’ in English. It is one of the most important dishes in most celebrations and is a specialty of Hama and Aleppo in Syria.
- Maamoul (date cookie): These flavorful cookies are filled with a date paste and either rosewater or orange blossom. Maamoul means "stuffed" in Arabic. They can either be decorated by hand or be made in special wooden molds.
- Baklava: A sweet Middle Eastern treat of walnuts and sugar tucked in between layers of crispy phyllo dough and finished with warm drizzles of butter and syrup.
Each box includes 1 1/2 dozen cookies, a story from one of our bakers, information on the sweets, and a little bit about Hello Neighbor.
Proceeds from New Neighbor Cookie Table provide critical supplemental income to our refugee bakers and their families.
All orders will be available for pickup on Thursday, February 13th. Times vary based on location so please see below. When placing your order you can choose from the following pick up locations and times:
- East End: Hello Neighbor’s Office, 6587 Hamilton Avenue, #1E, Pittsburgh, PA 15206 from 8am-6pm
- South Hills: St. Paul’s Episcopal Church, 1066 Washington Road, Mt. Lebanon, PA 15228 from 9am-1pm
- Downtown: Heidioptics, 223 Fourth Ave, Suite 100, Pittsburgh, PA 15222 from 9am-1pm